About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Sunday 6 June 2010

A check on progress

It's been a strange sort of week here in Cumbria with all the trouble on the west coast and it's put a bit of a damper on things even though we are about 30 miles away from where it all happened, it does make you think if it can happen here in Cumbria it can happen anywhere. On Wednesday there was that much police action going on it seemed more like Los Angeles than here, it's just so sad for everyone affected.

Well on a more upbeat note I think I have finally worked out how to upload pictures with this new computer so I thought I'd give a quick look round and show how most things are looking today.




My onions seem to be growing at a fair old pace and seem to be doing well, it's just a pity that they were a bit late planted, but they may catch up with a bit of luck








The carrots are showing good growth recently and I think they are just a shade ahead of where they were this time last year, maybe it is because we have a lot more sunshine and warmth.







After a steady start the potatoes have sprung into life and I will soon have to think about supporting the foliage and maybe start with a bit of blight control.






The pumpkins are now starting to be hardened of ready to be planted out hopefully next weekend, I had to lift them inside this morning as they were getting a bit of a bashing in the heavy showers we have had this morning.







1 comment:

Dan said...

I'm jealous of your onions.
Mine are picking up slowly but still about 2 weeks behind last year and a mile behind yours.
Annoying thing is that I planted 55 of the damn things this year after last year's success.
I planted out your pumpkin plant and It's doing well and put on another couple of leaves so far.
Cheers,Dan.