About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Saturday 29 May 2010

May 29 th where has the year gone

The carrots and potatoes seem on the whole to be making steady progress this month with quite a surge of top growth in the last week on the potatoes especially, and I have been thinning the carrots down once or twice a week and now most stations are down to just one plant. I try to resist the final thinning as long as I dare as I can suffer a bit with jackdaws pulling them out at times and there is nothing more annoying than empty stations so I hold back till the last moment when the last plant is well rooted and they don't seem to bother as much.
Now that June is in sight and the 5 day weather forecast is quite favourable I decided that it was time to get the greenhouse sorted out, it's amazing just how much clutter seems to build up in the last month or two with all the bedding plants that have been growing on and others that needed overwintering inside, add to that all the potting on over the last few weeks when no matter how hard I try compost and other rubbish seems to get scattered about the floor, so it was nice to get everything outside that will be planted out over the next week or so (except my hopefully giant pumpkins that I potted on only a week ago and will be better inside for a fortnight yet) and have a good brush up, leaving me the space to set up the leeks onions and tomatoes that I grow in large pots in their final positions for the summer plus some cucumber and pepper plants that I am trying for the first time this year, if I get everything sorted this bank holiday weekend I can relax and watch the world cup and as I'm an optimist I think we might do well this time making the final at least.
I will try to get some pictures uploaded in the next few days but just at the moment I'm having trouble working out how to do it on our new computer which is an Apple I think? and seems to work a bit different to our last model, one other problem I am having is it simply refuses to open the NVS web site saying it cannot connect to the server so I am missing out on all the banter on the members page which is a pity or is the site down for everyone I just don't know.

2 comments:

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I never realised you were a comedian James......final? hahahahaha..... Good one that!

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Are we still hopeful James.....?

We're coming home, we're coming home......