About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Sunday 14 March 2010


With it being a bit warmer I took the time to blanch my leeks, at the moment they are in the garage under lights that are on twelve hours a day. They are growing steadily enough but the really cold weather earlier in the year, has just held them back a bit ,even though they have had some bottom heat since they were planted up. In about a fortnight there will be 12 hours of natural daylight so at that point I will try and put them out in the greenhouse with just some light bottom heat so as to harden them off and just hope that they catch up by September. I have been moving and dividing a few flowering plants around this afternoon which is a bit later than I would normally do them but as they are still only just breaking into bud they should be OK. One thing I will have to get cracking with is getting all the mixes done for carrots, parsnips and potatoes before we start lambing on the farm. Lambing starts at the end of the month for us and if it gets hard going and we need a extra pair of hands I wonder if I could get Kate Humble to come and help out as she seems to have enjoyed herself on 'Lambing Live' this week.





The really good news is United's great win over Colchester on Saturday. Just lately we have struggled a bit having been hit with injuries to our strikers, and so it was handy our new loan signing Jason Price slotted right in to the team scoring one and making one for Ben Marshall . If we can get a result against Yeovil on Tuesday and Southend on Saturday we may get to the magic figure of 50 points before the Johnson Paint Final at the end of the month .

2 comments:

Richard W. said...

Wish my leeks were that size!

Totally depressed!!

James (Digtoplant) said...

I just hope that I can keep them going. james