About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Thursday 1 April 2010

April Fools Day

I hadn't realised that it is about 2 weeks since I last logged in on the internet, as I have been very busy with lambing and it has been a hard slog this year, with a constant fight with the poor weather we have been having, any way we are about halfway through now and hopefully a new month will bring better times. After looking round all the usual blogs (you know who you are) to catch up with all that happening, it seems that everyone has really got cracking and left me on the starting line. So I must try and find some time this weekend to get organised, mind I did get all my carrot mix done and into the bore holes last Monday (actually it was quite therapeutic after the Johnson Paint final where United just fell short of their usual high standards) even if it was dark when I got it completed, its not easy pouring carrot mix and holding a torch at the same time. If there is any sign of a bit of warmth I might try and get the carrots sown this weekend, or if not I will try and get my peat shredded ready for setting up my potatoes later in the month. The Winston are getting some shoots up to a couple of inches long now and will need planting out soon, though the Kestrel, Amour and Sherine are still a bit behind and don't seem as urgent to need planting and should be OK till near the end of the month. With a bit of luck I might have chance to do another update this weekend and will try and get some pictures taken to show whats going on.

No comments: