About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Sunday 18 April 2010

60 Today

This Saturday was my 60th Birthday and though I'm not usually that keen on any celebrations I did make a special effort this year and took the family (weren't they lucky) to watch United play Oldham and just to make it more memorable we sponsored the match ball and had the full days package it was a pity we lost 2-1, mainly because of bad refereeing decisions, and if we had been playing Alec Ferguson's time I'm sure we would have got at least a draw.
There was that many candles on my cake it nearly burnt the house down.





My youngest daughter Susannah and oldest Granddaughters Amy and Jenny thinking of making a substitution, not me I hope.
















Young Ella studying form, you are never too young to start.






















The roar of the crowd makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.











That's me in the middle you will notice Susannah my daughter has already pinched the ball off me.















2 comments:

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Happy Birthday James!!! Glad you had a great day.....but you really should have treated yourself properly and sponsored the ball at Old Trafford LOL.

And as for that Fergie time quip....cobblers!

Mrs. Mike said...

Unbelievable! What a way to spend a day! Hot dogs and beer? Or what is traditional fare at a football match?
Looks like the weather helped make it enjoyable and a break from the farm. After seedling starts and lambing season, it's nice to step away for an afternoon.

Birthday wishes from the Pacific Northwest!