About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Saturday 5 September 2009

Those Bl***y deer

Had a look on my plot this morning to see how things were looking ready for my main show on Tuesday /Wednesday to be met by a massacre of my Runner Beans, French Beans and Peas by the local marauding deer population , the whole of my peas and runners beans were completely stripped and the dwarf French Beans have just vanished completely, I have suffered a bit in the past but never on this scale. I will have to drop out of a few entries now but at least my marrow were left untouched along with the Parsnips Carrots and Broad Beans and my Potatoes are safely in the garage plus my tomatoes in the greenhouse. I'm not going to let it get me down but it may be time to try Venison for Sunday lunch soon. I only grew 2 Marrows and both seeds came from the same packet but there is quite a difference between both plants, the lighter variety is a lot more vigorous mind it did get a 3 week start on the other, yet I think I favour the darker one.

2 comments:

Dan said...

I may well see you at Kendal then tomorrow night or Wednesday.
I'm putiing a few things in there for the 1st time in 10 years.
A bit more competition than my local show.
Especially Jim Robinson the onion king !!!
I'll give it a go though.
Dan.

James (Digtoplant) said...

Hi Dan I will look out for you. Size of your onions should scare em!