About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Monday 4 May 2009

Bank Holiday Monday

As it was typical wet bank holiday weather here in Cumbria we had a drive down the road to the new garden center at Barton Grange near Preston it,s only been open since last year and is massive, only about a third of it is garden stuff though, but they do a decent lunch with a restaurant that must seat at least 500, and a shed full of garden furniture to check out, I couldn't find anything in my price range though so had to settled for a bag of compost.


I did when we got back pot on my Tomatoes from 3"pots to 5"pots planting them a bit deeper which according to Medwyn encourages more roots to form. I only sowed 5 seeds as my greenhouse is 8 x6 and any more just cramps me for room. The variety is Cederico. The stump carrots that i planted on the 18th April are just showing in 2/3 stations this afternoon so that's a relief to see them coming through, hopefully the rest will be showing by the weekend.

No comments: