About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Sunday 21 September 2008

Wired for Spring

Yesterday I finally got round to getting my greenhouse wired up with electric so this spring I should be able to get things of to an earlier start with the Onions and Leeks normally i have waited till late April and planted out bought in ready started plants which is OK but often they have been growing in their seed trays for quite a while and are getting a bit crowded and elongated by the time I can get them into the ground and it does take quite a time for them to get settled in and growing well. The hope is this year i can have them in individual growing cells by late March and plant out a month or so later when conditions are right and keep them going forward without any checks plus i now have made some wire supports to help them to keep upright once they are planted out so i may just have some presentable specimens next show season. All i need to do now is drop some hints that a propagator and heat mat etc would be a nice suprise come Christmas and i'm sorted.

No comments: