About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Sunday 17 August 2008

Great Weekend

Well i got my entries to the local horticultural show on Saturday, it was a bit of a mad rush around getting thing picked washed and loaded up my own fault i suppose for leaving it to the last minute in future i will do it the night before. It was well worth it in the end when i got 5 firsts and 2 seconds in what were quite competitive classes and i only entered 8 classes. The first came in Globe Beetroot, Carrots, Broad Beans, Runner Beans and the Top Tray Competition which was made up of Runner Beans, Carrots and Potatoes, I had entered the Potatoes (Kestrel) in the White Kidney class and it wasn't till the last minute that it was pointed out they should have been be in a coloured class, I won't make that mistake again. The seconds came in Onions under 8oz and over 8oz, the Shallots didn't get a look in, i could say I'm brilliant but it's more likely just beginners luck and a lot of good helpful advice from Liam and Simon at Smithyveg and Veg4show. And if that wasn't good enough for one weekend I got a £100 win on Premium Bonds Saturday morning, and just to round the day of United beat Crewe 4-2 to leave them sitting top of the Division.

No comments: