About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Sunday 17 October 2010

Cool mornings and long nights

There was a bit of a nip in the air this morning, not quite cold enough for any frost but it left me in no doubt that Autumn has well and truly arrived, it was enough to make me decide to take the marrow (Blyton Belle) I have been keeping for seed inside, I have left it in the spare room and will give it 2/3 weeks before I open it up and take the seeds out. That done it was time to tackle sorting out my garage, well I call it the garage but it has never had a car in it so I suppose it is better described as my shed, it's surprising what turns up, some things that I thought were well and truly lost had just been lurking in the back of a shelf , I knew I had put them away somewhere safe. Last Tuesday night we had David Thornton along to give a talk to our local NVS club on growing potatoes and very interesting it was too, one variety that he seems to think could be promising is Casablanca so I have decided to give them a go next year instead of Winston which never seem to do very well for me. I also have some Sherine and Amour tubers that I saved from the mini tubers I grew this summer, saving my own seed potatoes is not something that I have done before but as they are almost first generation seed and I made a big effort to keep them healthy I think I will get away with it plus Kestrel that always seems to be reliable.
Bit of a disaster on the football front with United going down 2-1 to Exeter at St James Park personally I think after that result they should rename their ground.

No comments: