About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Monday 3 November 2008

Dahlias lifted for another year

Following the sharp frosts we had early in the week i took the opportunity to lift my Dahlias and put them in the garage to dry out a bit before giving the a good fungal dusting just prior to packing them away in a couple of weeks time. The variety is that good old favorite Bishop of Llandaff which is supposed to have been around since the 1920 and is still very popular. Some other varieties i have decided to not keep over winter this time as i think i will try some different varieties allthough I'm not sure which they will be yet. What i am looking out for is a type that will not grow more that a couple of foot tall so as not to need a lot of staking.

No comments: