About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Thursday 28 August 2008

Potatoes under attack

Have had to lift all my potatoes in a rush tonight as they have been under attack last night from the local Badger who once they find them just keep coming until they have scoffed the lot the most annoying thing is they just take an odd bite out of each one well i hope the bugger has got a raging belly ache. It is my intention to take some to a show on the 10th September so i have sorted them out and put the best in a bucket covered with the compost mix that they have been growing in hopefully they will keep OK till then i have also entered some Beetroot as I seems to have had a good growing season with them and i will take the last of my long Carrots but i know they will be outclassed because i pulled the best to take to a previous show its a pretty big show on the 10th and I know i will be struggling to get any success but it will be a learning experience.

No comments: