About Me

Hi I'm JAMES 60 and married with three daughters all left home now, daughters that is not the wife.I enjoy Gardening /Football and working on my Farm.The picture above in the header slot is where i live and work.

Friday 1 February 2008

Just when you think winters slipping quietly by

Just when you think winters slipping quietly by in roars february with howling gales and driving snow, I had to go to Inverness midweek and on the way home their was a trail of wagons flipped over onto their sides, makes me think that having a couple of pains of glass blown out of my greenhouse that I got of lightly, as it's not heated and has only got a couple of well rooted hydrangea cuttings inside it is hardly a crisis, their all so seems a lot of branches lying around that i have been tidying up now the wind has dropped. I took the chance to prune back some clematis that had become a bit stragley i have let them go a bit so as to get established, but decided that this year they needed a good tidying up, and I spread around some farm muck on the plot where the peas and beans will be growing this season. On the farm we have collected up all the scrap that has been accumulating over the years as it seems to be worth a bit, there was full wagon load , it is my plan to level out the ground were it was heaped next to the silo pit and make a site for parking trailers etc out of the way as they have always been parked on the big bale pad and tend to get in the way. Tuesday evening was spent watching United away to Oldham a long way to go to see them lose 2 -0 even the mascot looks fed up, fortunately we bounced back with a win today Sat 2- 1 against Walsall.

Special mention for United youth who won 2-0 against Southend in the F A Youth Cup 5th round, next round we play the Villa. February 14th United 0 Villa 2 pity but their we have it good luck Aston Villa.

No comments: